CRM – Information Portal
This project developed as the Financial Billing System Interface
was in design. The issue: how to maintain a single source-of-truth (CRM CMDB) for all attributes, for all facilities within the Organization. The current practice was a single-use, manual-entry MS Access DB that maintained basic facility information. The goal became to replace this Access database with a 3-tiered application design (UI, API, Database) utilizing the .Net framework.
After consulting with the Finance, Accounting, Building, and Facility departments for required attributes, the final design:
- Contained over 800 facility-described attributes
- Provided for unlimited facilities; initially 1000+ facilities
- Interfaced to ADP for 4500+ employees information
- Interface with the Active Directory for authentication
- Interfaced with the Internal Compliance database for licensing
- Interfaced with the internal Construction database for maintenance
- Interfaced with the Financial ERP
As lead sponsor of the CRM application and manager of the application, I directed the development though three (3) phases of deployment: initial concept and design, continuous ‘shippable’ package development, continuous user testing to Production.
The User-requested scope & requirements for the CRM included the below list; Although these concepts where very broad. The final design however encompassed over 800 attributes; some user-defined and editable, some fed via 3rd-arty applications and non=editable.
- Allows unlimited Patient Care Facility locations
- Allows unlimited Compliance licensing data
- Allows unlimited Accreditation data
- Allows user-defined Keywords, Labels (meta-tagging) to any field
- Allows attachment of Keywords, Label to Patient Care Facilities
- Provide full Search function; Multiple-field with any field
- Provide location maps of Patients Care Facilities
- Provide radius rings on maps
- Ability to store images linked to any field